Musings of Her Bratness

Grace and why I don't have it....

I think it is genetic....when I was growing up my mother was forever breaking her toes on the coffee table. Granted it was usually because she was running after one of us 4 girls.
Now that I am presumably 'grown' I find myself continually stubbing my toes, spraining my ankle/toes, or just plain breaking them.

If you've never done this before.....(you're either reallllly luck or lying your sweet little azz off)

The scenario probably goes something like this. The victim (let's call him Bob - it seems to be conventional) is walking happily along to his destination, the couch. Along his path, the hallway, he passes by an unnoticed object, the coffee table. With considerable force, poor Bob then swings his foot into the coffee table, banging his big toe very hard. At this point Bob panics, jumping on one foot, screaming 'Ow! S**t! Ow! Ow! O!'. Or perhaps the agony is so bad that his mouth opens but nothing comes out, the pain rattling through his head.

Now in my case the offending article was my husband's guitar amp......only in my world (and possible the worlds of other women (or mothers) married/mother to the next budding (or still hopeful) guitar god; does this kinda nonsense happen. I mean, c'mon why the guitar amp when we have a massive IKEA coffee table which is certainly more than capable of causing serious bodily harm.

Still...we come back to the fact that I am not the most graceful girl on the planet......and I am *always* barefoot. At 40 years old would it do me any good at all to take dance classes or 'pageant walking' to attempt to learn me some grace? Probably not. (grin)

I'm off to soak my very sore toes...... but here's an article I found to show you that it can *always* be a lot worse!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1131422/Father-dies-stubbing-toe-coral-Florida-theme-park.html

No comments:

Post a Comment